Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More on Exploration #5

I have been using GoodReads for some time, and went back to Library Thing to see how they compared. Library Thing is a little slower to post, but it is much easier to add tags to the books--you can do it right when you enter the book, and I have not found it to be that easy in GoodReads. My colleagues showed me GoodReads, and at the time, the view of the book covers was much better there than in Library Thing. When I went back into Library Thing today, I found it easy to get a screen that showed the cover art for the books I had posted. I like to use these online book discussion/lists mostly as a memory prod for books that I might like to recommend to patrons, and a tickler to check and see if a favorite author has written something new. I have set up GoodReads to let me see what friends are reading, which can be a lot of fun, as well as a source for good new titles!

1 comment:

traveler said...

Am going to check out GoodReads...all I want is to keep a list of authors and the books I liked by them!